Let’s face it. The first week of work in September is always a slog. Summers over and you never did get to that cottage. Fall is in the air and you start thinking…maybe I should go back to school (probably you shouldn’t). Regardless, there’s no way any of you are going to be productive after 3pm today. So here are some links to keep you occupied…
These drawings by Aiden Koch.
Karly’s defense of Tinder and hookup culture.
This scathing inditement of positive affirmations.
This sweet reflection on the benefits of traveling solo.
I look forward to Sunday mornings the way other people look forward to Friday nights. It combines all of my favourite things: breakfast, coffee, pajamas, blankets, family skype dates, reading and Coronation Street.
Here’s a little of what I’m enjoying this morning…
And of course a tasty breakfast.
These panacakes are wholesome, whole-grain and unlike your average boxed mixes will actually leave you feeling energized (not ready for a nap). They are full of protein, healthy fats, fibre…and chocolate chips 😉
Satisfying Oatmeal Pancakes
yields 1 generous serving
- coconut oil (for frying)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 ripe banana
- optional toppings – berries, nut butter, mini-chocolate chips and a drizzle of honey.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mash banana in a mixing bowl. Add 2 eggs and whip with a fork.
- Add oat and coconut flours and stir until well-combined.
- Pour batter onto frying pan and cook until each pancake is browned and lifts easily with spatula (3-4 minutes). Cook an extra 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with berries, chocolate chips, nut butter, etc.