As soon as I transitioned from college to adulthood, I learned quickly that too much pabst makes me feel like crapst. I need vegetables, physical activity, nature and mornings in my life in order to be a happy successful human. That said, a life that consists solely of green smoothies and spin class doesn’t appeal much to me either….
While at this point I consider myself to be a little past my “hipster heyday,” to most I’d probably still fit the bill.
- If you ask me where I got my outfit I’ll tell you it’s vintage.
- I hang out in bars the size of studio apartments then stop going the second they get a good yelp review.
- My friends are in all the bands you like.
- I complain about gentrification and the lack of yoga studios in my neighborhood within the same breath.
- I genuinely enjoy contemporary art.
- I once took a college course called “techno-bodies in cyber space.”
- I talk about things like crystals and sage and “the universe” without a hint of either seriousness or irony.
The Healthy Hipster chronicles my life bringing together the strange bedfellows of hipsterdom and healthy living. And its all right here for you to get inspired by, judge harshly and enjoy.