I look forward to Sunday mornings the way other people look forward to Friday nights. It combines all of my favourite things: breakfast, coffee, pajamas, blankets, family skype dates, reading and Coronation Street.
Here’s a little of what I’m enjoying this morning…
- It’s impossible to deny that the good projects for women stand out like flint rocks on a dry, crusted earth.
- A thinking woman sleeps with monsters.
- Can I spend my life alone and still be happy?
- I sometimes think, “If there were a fire, would I change before running outside?“
- Blue-hued images get 24 percent more “likes” on Instagram than ones that are predominantly red or orange.
- Let me Drake that for you.
- Where is my voice and what does it sound like?
And of course a tasty breakfast.
These panacakes are wholesome, whole-grain and unlike your average boxed mixes will actually leave you feeling energized (not ready for a nap). They are full of protein, healthy fats, fibre…and chocolate chips 😉
Satisfying Oatmeal Pancakes
yields 1 generous serving
- coconut oil (for frying)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 ripe banana
- optional toppings – berries, nut butter, mini-chocolate chips and a drizzle of honey.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mash banana in a mixing bowl. Add 2 eggs and whip with a fork.
- Add oat and coconut flours and stir until well-combined.
- Pour batter onto frying pan and cook until each pancake is browned and lifts easily with spatula (3-4 minutes). Cook an extra 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with berries, chocolate chips, nut butter, etc.