- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced very thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inches ginger, minced
- 1 block tempeh, sliced into very thin squares (mine ended up about 16 cuts lengthwise, 5 widthwise)
- 1/2 head napa cabbage
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 tsp miso paste
- splash of mirin or sherry
- 1 cup vegetable broth
1) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sautee lightly until they are just transparent (2-3 minutes). Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
2) Add tempeh slices and stir to combine.
3) Brown tempeh slices on both sides being careful not to break them as you turn them.
4) Add carrots, zucchini and cabbage. Stir to combine
5) Pour a splash of mirin or sherry over the veggies and tempeh to deglaze the pan, scraping up the pieces on the bottom as the alcohol cooks off. Then add miso paste and vegetable broth.
6) Allow mixture to simmer, stirring frequently until vegetables are cooked through.
Top with ume plum or rice vinegar, avocado, a drizzle of tahini, a dash of sriracha garlic hot sauce, torn basil leaves and/or a squeeze of lime juice.
Enjoy with steamed brown rice or a side of sweet potato.