Well hello, lovelies! It’s been far too long but as I mentioned in my last post I have been keeping very busy lately getting acclimated at my new job and adjusting to the 9-2-5 lifestyle. Nevertheless I press on, doing my best to get past yet another period of transition, excited to find my rhythm once again.
Since I am going through transition (and its springtime to boot) I figured what better time to reflect a little on what exactly the “Healthy Hipster Lifestyle” really is? When I started the blog I think I focused largely on the mainstream understanding of health…food & fitness. But what kind of hipster would I be if I was satisfied with mainstream anything?
Now I find that when I need to check in with myself…give a little self-assessment…a report card if you will…that I divide up Healthy Hipsterdom into 5 Categories…
- Eats: Am I eating well? Enough? Mindfully? Am I enjoying the meals I eat? Am I eating a diversity of food?
- Activity: Am I moving my bod? Am I being consistent? Am I balancing structured workouts with sports, recreation and cardio LIFE?
- Balance: Am I seeing friends? Enjoying a wide range of cultural and social activities? Have I become a crotchety hermit?
- Thrift: Am I conscious of my financial priorities? Am I overspending on disposable items (take-out, cheap clothes, etc.)? Am I spending on the items that matter (health, home, savings)?
- Sanity: Am I taking time to myself? Am I dealing with my shit or just distracting myself (see items 1-4)?
Do these questions resonate with you too? How do you measure up on the Healthy Hipster Report Card?