So there’s a lot of trends that tend to go around the healthy blog world, and some I like more than others. Oatmeal obsession? Love it. Pumpkin fetish? I’m on board. Other trends…not so much. Srsly have you heard of shirataki noodles? It’s like you took a bowl of spaghetti and replaced the delicious satisfaction with rotten fish and indigestion.
Anyways I decided to suck up my ‘tude and get on board with the current trend sweeping blogland. You bet it’s a quiz. Let’s get started.
This or That?
Find the original version here.
1. Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow? Neither. Autumn. The only thing that keeps me from spending literally the entire month of October outside walking, hiking, running or paddling is pumpkin pie.
2. Have washboard abs or flat abs? Is there any way to say the word “abs” without sounding like a knob? Whenever I see it in print I hear the voices of Hans and Franz in my head. “Do you like my abs” “Gotta work on my abs” “Oooh my abs are so sore from working them so…” Ya you get the picture, I’m not answering this.
3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors? I kinda love Dr. Oz. I don’t know if it’s his boundless enthusiasm for all things fibrous, or the fact that he slightly resembles my Jewish grandmother, but I trust that man with my gastro-intestinal health.
4. Cardio or strength? For me strength almost always wins out, followed by circuit style cardio workouts, then running outside. As for the worst? I’d rather do a beep test in grade 9 gym class than use the elliptical machine (which ive been told im too short for) or take a spin class…shudder.
5. Cravings: Protein or carbs? Dead heat. I get grouchy when I dont have a little of both at every meal and snack.
6. Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper? Ummm….Jackie Warner.
7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream? I’ve never been huge on either but I’ve been known to brave the dairy indigestion for a little tart froyo. Coconut bliss is also pretty darn delicious but I should probably stop making up my own answers.
8. To train: Upper body or Lower body? Upper for sure. Especially pullups and pushups. If they could bottle that feeling I would market it as Liquid Empowerment.
9. Protein powder or food with protein? Nothing beats delicious whole foods. Le duh!
10. Lunges or squats? An old dance injury makes both a little tricky for me but I’d have to say sumo squats because they are easiest on my joints.
11. Sweet or salty? Sweet in the morning, salty at night.
12. Workout attire: cute or comfy? Comfy for sure. I pretty much wear the same lululemon bottoms and this tshirt every time I workout. That said, I always wear my bright red lipstick…even at the gym. Can’t help myself.
13. Body Pump or Heavy lifting? I’ve never dont Body Pump but I’d really like to try it! I wouldn’t call my lifting heavy…but benchpressing and deadlifting are my jam.
14. Yoga or Pilates? Yoga. But its pretty pricey where I live so I like to treat myself to a class now and then as a luxury. Or I do my own yoga workouts like this one!
15. Nike or Adidas? Nike I guess.
16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors? Outside. Blaring this Passion Pit record. Mmmm…YES.
17. Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s? I’m CANADIAN guys. No TJs here. And WFs is way out of my price range. I shop at this health food store in the middle of Chinatown. It’s the best and cheapest in the city by far.
18. Summer or Winter Olympics? Winter. I think my citizenship would get revoked if I said otherwise.
19. Exercises classes or Exercise videos? Videos. Fitness instructors freak me out (Unless its my friend Christine…a feminist human rights lawyer by day who teaches “flirty girl” fitness classes by night…she’s the best!)
20. Steamed veggies or roasted veggies? I roast everything. I’m roasting a squash right now.
YOUR TURN. Hit me with a few of your favourites.