I don’t like to define my food by what it’s not.
I’d much rather spend my time talking about all the healthy, wholesome ingredients I did put in a recipe, than spend an hour telling someone what I omitted. (“I’ll have the gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, carrot cake – with a side of self-righteousness”)
And yet…I feel the need to tell you that this granola is grain-free because this is definitely not your typical oats-and-raisins granola situation. This granola is full of exlusively the things I cherry pick for in my usual bowl of cereal. Coconut. Pumpkin seeds. Almonds. Dates. That’s it.
I have been loving this granola on top of smoothies, as a quick snack or even a topping on homemade banana soft-serve. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 2 cups almonds
- 1.5 cups coconut
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut manna (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place coconut, dates, nuts and seeds in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, to the consistency of granola.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl then add cinnamon and salt and stir to combine.
- Add coconut manna and honey and blend in with your hands until crumbly.
- Transfer mixture onto a large parchment lined baking sheets
- Bake 45 minutes in the oven at 250°, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.