Life, lately you ask?
Hectic. Dynamic. Incredibly fulfilling.
Ahh the plight of the working gal in her mid-twenties.
im pretty into moons these days. anything lunar, really. i cant tell if its like a feminist thing or a trendy gothy thing or in some way related to my general love and appreciation of all things astrological….but i just thought you should know since we’re getting reacquainted.
Other things I’m into lately…
- new boxy topshop blazer i bought on sale for $40. woot.
- feel good guru and generally all things raw and vegetable
- my pendleton docs
- GIRLS season 2
- the new tegan and sara album (whatevvvver guys, i know its pop music but i like pop music and i think its good. im also pretty into taylor swift right now. moving on…)
- Solar Raw cheesy kale chips. How did I just discover these? I’m an addict on the road to rock bottom and there’s no turning back.
And (of course) the most important thing I’m loving lately… this delicious grain-free totally guiltless banana bread. Honestly no amount of busy-lady life could keep me from sharing this recipe with you because I am totally IN LOVE. It’s moist and delicious and not at all like the dense gluten-free baked goods I’m used to. PERFECTION.
Banana Chocolate Chunk Bread
(Gluten, Grain, Nut & Sugar Free)
Adapted from here
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 2 tbsp honey or a pinch of stevia
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 white tbsp chia seeds (mix with 3 tbsp water and allow to sit for 5 min or so to form a gel)
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chunks (use a cut up chocolate bar if you like)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- dash of cinnamon
- Blend eggs, mashed bananas and coconut oil together, plus honey if using.
- Mix the dry ingredients and then combine with wet ingredients.
- Pour into greased bread pan and bake at 350F for 45 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
The result will be a very soft and cake-like banana bread. Ideal for breakfast, snacks or any other time you please!
What’s your go-to healthy treat right now? What else are you loving lately?