Summer Spelt Berry Salad
For the salad
- 1.5 cups cooked spelt berries (or quinoa for gluten-free)
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage, blanched or lightly steamed
- 1.5 cups watermelon, cubed
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- juice and grated rind of 1/2 a lemon
- a few tbsp water for thinning
- salt and pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients together to emulsify.
- Combine grains and vegetables in a large mixing bowl, add dressing and stir gently to combine.
Makes 3-4 servings. Stores for several days in the fridge.
Serve as a side dish or pair with greens, salmon and avocado for a light summer supper.