My house smells amazing right now and its all thanks to these bad boys…
TWICE-BAKED APPLE CIDER BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- 1 pound of brussel sprouts (about 4 cups), trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp apple butter (agave, maple syrup or honey would also work)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- sprinkle of sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil, cider vinegar and apple butter together in a large mixing bowl or pot. Add brussel sprouts and stir until well coated.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer brussel sprouts to a tin foil lined baking sheet, reserving the leftover oil/cider coating. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so, until just browning. Remove the brussels from pan and toss one more time in the leftover cider mixture.
- Return brussel sprouts to the pan and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes.
I am not even the biggest brussel sprout fan but these are HEAVEN. Enough to make you rethink the whole “side dish” paradigm in the dinnertime hierarchy. NOM.
Do you have any tricks to jazz up some of the less palatable veggies?
Dunk em in mashed potatoes was always my trick when I was a kid but I try to be a little more creative these days… 😉