Hey folks –
Sorry for the mini hiatus but it was birthday week in these parts and I have been busy PARTYING MY FACE OFF.
Here’s a rundown of what the party really looked like this year…as I celebrated my 25th:
- Bought 2 grey autumn sweaters with my mum (this and this)
- Picked up an incredible pair of hiking boots at Mountain Equipment Co-Op – courtesy of the backwoods ranger (aka. my mom’s partner in crime)
- Drank a few too many whisky sodas at the Holy Oak, one of my favourite little cafe/bar combos out on Bloor St. West
- Ate delicious trail mix birthday cookies from Cool Hand of a Girl thanks to the Magical Megginz
- Enjoyed a locally sourced birthday dinner at the Keriwa Cafe. I will review this restaurant soon but let’s just say it couldn’t have been more Healthy Hipster approved. They had birch on the walls and bannock bread on the menu. It was simply beyond.
- Saw a piece of independent theatre starring my favourite Canadian actor Daniel MacIvor.
It was a show called His Greatness, about Tennessee Williams living in 1980s Vancouver. These tickets were courtesy of my pops, whattaguy!
- I also got to enjoy a delicious birthday brunch at Zocalo, a foodie hotspot in the Junction Triangle I’ve been meaning to try for ages. (A friend tried to explain where precisely the J.T. is but don’t ask me to explain…I let him lead the way. I like the feeling of not knowing where to go until I get there)