Since I started teaching full time this month my lunches have been pretty standard. Last week I showed you Sunday Food Prep Plan of Attack and I pretty much stuck to that (very repetitive but also very delicious) lunch plan for as it lasted. Thursday’s box was starting to get kinda sad so on Friday I just threw together a random mishmash of leftovers which actually ended up being pretty alright.
This week I’ve been back on my A Game, putting together some SRSLY delicious combinations. Today’s was especially tasty and colourful. Oh and yes…I’m definitely eating lunch on the playground…Life of a teacher, anyone?
In the bowl:
- invisible layer of romaine
- visible layer of spinach
- around 1/2 cup cooked kasha (whole toasted buckwheat)
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 3 or 4 leftover shrimpiez from dinner, coated in masala seasoning
- big handful o’ cherry tomatz
- tossed in a tamari/balsamic/sesame oil combo
- CRAY CRAY** FOR CRUDITEES! 1 whole chopped orange pepper, 1/2 chopped cucumber, 1 large carrot & 1 large stalk of celery (Yes thats a lot of veg but I like to munch through the day – I also like to serve them tossed in some S+P+Herbs, served on the side rather then crammed into my salad)
- 1 GIGANTIC apple