On the plate
- Cajun spiced halibut and shrimp
- Roasted Tomato
- Steamed Kale
- Grilled zucchini and peppers
- Fool-Proof Sweet Potato Wedges**
- Tangy Lime Yogurt Aioli**
**Recipes after the jump
Fool-Proof Sweet Potato Wedges
This is really more of a method than a recipe so I’ll just lay out the basic technique here.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Step 2: Rinse potatoes well and chop into thick cut wedges.
Step 3: Place oil-free wedges directly onto oven rack, lay out horizontally so they don’t fall through the cracks. (We’re talking rocket science here people).
Step 4: Bake for 10-15 minutes. Flip and bake for another 10 minutes or so. Potatoes should be puffed up, brown and crispy on the outside but stay soft and sweet on the inside.
Step 5: Toss in a little olive oil and spices to taste or serve with ketchup/mayo/mustard/aioli for dipping!
Tangy Lime Yogurt Aioli
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (soy, greek or regular)
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- splash of the juice from a jar of banana peppers (optional)
- pinch of salt
- splash of unsweetened milk (dairy, soy, almond, whatever you go with)
Mix up all the ingredients until well combined and allow to sit 5-10 minutes to allow flavours to blend before serving. Use as a dip, sandwich spread or as a sauce for fish, tofu, chicken or veggies.